Today the palace in the village of Obroshyne houses a scientific and research institute of agriculture and livestock, but during its heyday the place served as the residence for Lviv archbishops. The palace ensemble, created in 1730, consists of the palace, office buildings, a park, and a spectacular front gate. Behind the gate, in front of the main facade of the palace, spreads the court of honor – a round front yard. The carriages of guests stopped at the front entrance; when passengers got off, coaches went to the coach park, thus making an elegant circle of respect around the place.
Construction of the palace was supervised by the famous Polish architect Yu. Fontan, who designed a number of palace complexes in the territory that belonged to Poland at that time. The style of the palace reflects transition from late baroque to rococo, when the facade decoration received less attention, with the emphasis laid on the interior. The palace halls were decorated with sophisticated furniture and a rich collection of paintings, while the park had greenhouses, and graceful sculptures, many of which have survived to the present day. Unfortunately, decorations of the palace facade were distorted during the restoration of 1922 – 1925. The Architect B. Viktor, who had supervised the works, replaced the damaged elements of the decor with new pieces of modern style, and attached the balcony from the side of the park. The time did not spare the palace’s luxury interiors: they were completely destroyed during the two world wars.