аренда мерседеса

KHMILNYK PALACE

KHMILNYK PALACE

The palace in Khmilnyk is a unique architectural masterpiece, appreciated by architecture experts but undeservingly forgotten by culture officials and tourists. Now Khmilnyk is a small resort town, with a number Of health centers using radon water. In the past, it was a large Podillia town, which developed most intensively in the 15th century as a part of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. The town had a strategic importance and was fortified by a strong castle, which withstood many battles. In 1659, the castle was captured by Cossacks who even arranged the residence of Ivan Vygovskiy there. The castle in Khmilnyk was situated on a high bank of the Southern Buh and occupied a large territory. Of all castle buildings,...

Read More

THE FORTRESS IN BUSHA VILLAGE

THE FORTRESS IN BUSHA VILLAGE

In the 17lh century, Busha was a great border town and fortress as for those days, but today it is a small village. The fortifications stood on a high cape above Murafa and Bushka rivers; they were built by the order of Polish Hetman of Crown Zamoyskiy in the 16th century. In 1629, Busha received the status of a town and had the population of about 12,000 (now is has less than a thousand residents). The fortress consisted of six towers connected by strong walls and underground tunnels. These passages have been partially preserved, and one of the towers has been restored. It is a two-storied square building with a hipped roof. In 2000, the State Historical and Cultural Reserve...

Read More

GROKHOLSKIY PALACE IN VORONOVITSYA

GROKHOLSKIY PALACE IN VORONOVITSYA

The palace of Polish magnates Grokholskiy has been preserved in Voronovitsya, in the middle of an ancient park. It was constructed in the 1770s in the style of early Classicism by the project of the German architect L. Gedon. The customer was Count Francisc Grokholskiy, a senior official at the court of the Polish king Stanislaw August. The palace consists of a three-storied central building with symmetrically attached two-storied arched wings. These curved structures indicate that the architect borrowed certain motives from Italian architecture of the times of Andrea Palladio (16th century). The main facade is accented by a portico with eight Corinthian columns. The stucco with flowers and fruits that decorates the facade has been preserved. The estate belonged...

Read More

SCHERBATOVA PALACE IN NEMYRIV

SCHERBATOVA PALACE IN NEMYRIV

In the town of Nemyriv, there is a clinical health facility, one of departments of which is located in an old mansion. This palace, constructed in the late 19th – early 20th century in the Neo-Classical style, belonged td Princess Maria Hryhorivna Scherbatova, nee Stroganova. From her father, she inherited not only the estate in Nemyriv, but also the largest distillery in Podillia. The Princess, who had an inclination towards business, continued, and developed what her father had begun. Maria Scherbatova invested much in development and improvement of the town. The residents of Nemyriv respected her, so after the revolution of 1917 the head of Ukrainian Council of People’s Commissars instructed the Revolutionary Committee to leave the Scherbatov family alone,...

Read More

POTOTSKIY PALACE IN TULCHIN

POTOTSKIY PALACE IN TULCHIN

One of the best Ukrainian examples of early Classicism architecture can be seen in Tulchyn. This huge palace complex consists of a central building and two lateral wings. The two-storied buildings positioned in the U-shaped way are connected by one-storied semicircular galleries. The main facade has been restored and decorated with ten columns of the Ionic order. The facades of lateral wings are accented with portico having triangular frontons. The palace was constructed in 1782 by the project of the French architect Lacroix. It belonged to the richest Polish magnate, military and political leader Stanislaw Shchensniy Pototskiy. In 1774, he moved his residence from the territory of Austria to Poland and settled in Tulchyn. The theater, greenhouses, Turkish baths, an...

Read More

THE PALACE IN NOVOHRAD-VOLYNSKIY

THE PALACE IN NOVOHRAD-VOLYNSKIY

Novohrad-Volynskiy (the Polish town of Zvyagel until 1793) is known since the times of Kyiv Rus. After the second partition of Poland, it became a part of the Russian Empire and received the status of the capital of Volyn province. By that time, the town belonged to Princes Liubomirskiy, and their residence was located in the suburb of Noviy Zvyagel on the right bank of the Sluch River. One member of the Liubomirskiy family, Mariana, married Count F. P. Uvarov, the military general and the participant of the Great Patriotic War of 1812. Since that time the estate belonged to the Uvarov family for many years. The palace that has been preserved in the former estate was constructed in the...

Read More

TERESHCHENKO PALACE IN TURCHYNIVKA

TERESHCHENKO PALACE IN TURCHYNIVKA

One of the numerous estates of the famous Tereshchenko dynasty (who were Ukrainian entrepreneurs and owners of sugar factories) is situated in the village of Turchynivka. It was constructed in 1899- 1900 in the modern style with elements of French Renaissance. This rectangular building is built of bricks. On either side it is decorated by two towers with shaped tiled roofs. Nowadays, the palace houses a vocational school, and due to this fact, the building is in a rather good condition. The customer...

Read More

Recent Comments

    All Rights Reserved 2017 onhf.info